Sunday 17 January 2016

A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again by David Foster Wallace

On the line that connect people through books, I got this as a gift from somebody  I do not know in person, but that seems to know quite well what I like to read.

I wanted to read it for a while, fascinated by the title mainly, being quite ignorant on the magnificence of the author and all his fame.

This book is a reportage of the author's life on a fancy cruise in the Caribbean. where he is suppose to explore the "fun" the cruise promised.
We understand from the beginning that he is not the cruise-type, and the way he describes the people and the situations on this huge ship, will put a constant smile on your face.
The highlights of the book are the author's footnote, that become actually the main part of the book, the most clever, sharp and funny.

Perfect book to read on a trip, which is exactly what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment